2023 Reif Conference : Social security vs. new risks
The Reif conference “Social security vs. new risks: anticipating, protecting, adapting” will take place on November 29 in Brussels, from 16:00 to 18:30 at the Permanent Representation of France to the European Union (Access between 15:30 and 15:45).
Faced with new challenges: climate change, an acceleration of demographic ageing and changes in the labour market… social protection needs are changing, and social security institutions are being challenged to adapt and ensure their sustainability.
Following on the report of the High-Level Group on the future of social protection and of the welfare state, and with a view of the institutional renewal, the Reif conference will provide an opportunity to discuss and explore solutions to these issues with national and European experts, and decision-makers.
- The first round table will focus on people's new needs in terms of cover and the responses that social security institutions can provide to take these risks into account.
- A second round table will look at how these changes are leading social security institutions to rethink their organisation and the way they are financed, so as to be able to provide sustainable protection tailored to the needs of European citizens
- Language: an interpretation French/English will be provided
- Location: Permanent Representation of France to the European Union, Place de Louvain 14, 1000 Brussel
- Schedule: arrival and registration from 15:30 to 15:45 – conference from 16:00 to 18:15 (detailed program forthcoming)
- The conference will be followed by a cocktail from 18:15 to 20:00